Commitment to Community
Jacqueline consistently serves her profession and her community through participation in state and local volunteer activities. At the state level, she completed her fifth term as a director of the Florida Association for Women Lawyers ("FAWL") and presently serves as a member of FAWL's Nominations Committee. During her tenure, Jacqueline chaired and implemented, both locally and state-wide, a reading and mentoring program for the benefit of PACE Centers for Girls. This program, called Breakfast & Books, continues today and received the 2008 Public Service Award from the National Conference of Women's Bar Associations.
Locally, Jacqueline is a past president of the Collier County Women’s Bar Association ("CCWBA"). In 2002, she joined the board of her local PACE Center and serve as an officer of that organization until December 2010. She chaired the Juvenile Drug Court Advisory Board, actively participated in Justice Teaching, and frequently provided volunteer mediation services in Collier County, Small Claims Division. Jacqueline also devotes a significant amount of time working on issues pertaining to the foreclosure crisis. She is a working member of Collier County's Foreclosure Task Force and chairs its mediation committee, leading efforts to develop a foreclosure mediation model for Collier County. She participates in educational workshops and is often invited to speak on foreclosure related topics. Finally, as a graduate of Leadership Collier, Class of 2009, Jacqueline continuously works collaboratively with her fellow classmates to support local charities.
- Collier County Bar Association, Trial Lawyers Section, since 2000; Member Benefits Committee, 2005; Seminar Planning Committee, 2004-2005
- Florida Association for Women Lawyers (FAWL), since 2001; Director / Project Chair Breakfast & Books, 2003- 2005; Development Director, 2007-2008; Nominations Committee, 2009
- Collier County Women's Bar Association, since 2001; Director / Project Chair Voices for Kids, 2002-2005; Vice President, 2002-2004; President, 2004-2005; FAWL Liaison, 2007-2008; Judicial Independence Liaison, 2007-2008
- Juvenile Drug Court Advisory Board, Chair 2008-2009
- PACE Centers for Girls, Immokalee, Director, 2003-2005; Treasurer, 2006-2007; Vice Chair, 2008- 2009
- Justice Teaching, Volunteer, 2006-2009
- Juvenile Drug Court, Panel Participant, 2007-2008
- Kingsley Center for Girls, Women as Role Models, guest speaker, 2003
- Mock Trial, Law Week, and Law Clinic, Volunteer, 1999-2007
- Greater Naples Chamber of Commerce, Member Retention Committee, 2004-2005
- The Naples Players, 2001